ELITE Home Page
ELITE PROGRAM FAQs
- When is the application due? Priority date for all applications is April 29 for Fall.
- Where should I send my application? Submit your application online or mail the completed application to:
Attn: Dr. Raju Dandu
Engineering Technology Department
K-State at Salina
2310 Centennial Rd
Salina, KS 67401
- Who can apply for the scholarship? Incoming freshman (high school seniors), transfer students from technical/community colleges, university, and current K-State students.
- Why should I complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Students must demonstrate financial eligibility determined by FAFSA application. Financial eligibility is determined by the difference between the cost of attendance (COA) and an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) calculated on FAFSA application.
- How do I know if I qualify for federal financial aid? To receive federal financial assistance, you must meet eight requirements for eligibility.
- How will I know if I have received the scholarship? Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing that they have been awarded a scholarship and are required to sign a contract indicating their commitment to the program.
- Is the scholarship renewable? Yes. Scholarship will be renewed on a semester base for up to four years pending on funding availability and meets the renewal requirements.
- Can I get other scholarships along with this scholarship? Yes. This scholarship does not prevent you from obtaining other financial aid, loan, and/or scholarship from the university, college, and department.
- How will this scholarship affect my other financial aid? The total award money from financial aid and scholarships should not exceed the federal qualified aid amount.
- What are my obligations as an ELITE scholarship recipient?
- Be a full-time student (12 credit hours per semester).
- Participate in the Goal program.
- Maintain a minimum overall K-State at Salina GPA of 2.5 and an Engineering Technology GPA of 2.5 to maintain my status as an ELITE Scholar.
- Meet with my faculty advisor at least twice per month during each semester (Fall and Spring) I receive funding.
- Seek whatever support service(s) he/she deems appropriate to help maintain ELITE eligibility and academic success.
- Provide progress reports to faculty advisors in their respective degree program areas.
- Participate in professional organizations and events.
- Graduate from Kansas State University at Salina in no more than five years with a baccalaureate degree in Engineering Technology.
- Can I receive the scholarship during summer semester? No. The ELITE scholarship is awarded for Fall and Spring semesters only for each academic year for up to four years.
- Do I need to reapply for the scholarship every semester? Yes. For renewal fill out a short form