iPad Checkout Policy
Rules of Use
- iPads are for use by K-State Salina faculty, staff, and students with a current K-State ID
- Users are not allowed to borrow more than one iPad at a time.
- Checkout periods are 7 days.
- iPads cannot be renewed.
- Late return of an iPad will result in an immediate block of borrowing privileges; late fees will be assessed and loss of iPad borrowing privileges may result.
Your responsibilities are…
- to fill out an agreement form when checking out an iPad for the first time and then once annually thereafter.
- accept responsibility of items if you loan it to another person or another department.
- accept financial responsibility if lost, stolen or damaged. The replacement cost of a lost, stolen, or damaged iPad is $481.21. A charge of $40.00 will be assessed for each lost power cord and adapter; $50 for a lost case. Damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs. If an iPad is 7 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement.
- to return items on time or pay overdue fines of $10.00 per day; up to a maximum of $30.00.
- Understand and accept the Kansas State University Information Technology Usage Policy.
- Understand that the K-State Salina Library assumes no responsibility for any problems that the iPad may cause to any other equipment to which the iPad is connected.
- when returning items allow enough time for library staff to verify all items were returned.