K-State Salina Open House 2015
Saturday, April 11 | 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Unfold your future
Whether you’re a Kansas State University Salina graduate or a Wildcat supporter in the community, we’d love for you to experience our campus in a completely different way! Open House is an opportunity for K-State Salina to showcase its innovative education, dedicated students and strategies for the future. More than 40 booths will be on display across campus exhibiting student clubs and organizations, class projects, academic information and fun, interactive demonstrations. Come learn more about life on the K-State Salina campus and let us help you unfold your future!
The history on Centennial Road
K-State Salina is celebrating 50 years as a campus and we want to celebrate with you! Join us at Open House as we kick off our golden anniversary celebration. Celebrate our tradition with special displays and discover our future with activities and booths showcasing our programs and student life.
In 1965, the Air Force base on Centennial Road changed into Schilling Institute where it offered the first computer science degree in the state. Four years later it was renamed Kansas Technical Institute and then in 1988 it was converted into Kansas College of Technology. With the approval of Governor Joan Finney, the campus officially became Kansas State University Salina in 1991. Currently we offer 16 academic programs from professional pilot and airport management to social work and personal financial planning, and there are more than 40 clubs and organizations for students to experience.
Ignite your purple pride
K-State Salina’s Open House is a family friendly event dedicated to education, entertainment and energizing the Wildcat spirit! These are just a few examples of the fun you’re going to have:
- Photo Booth: Capture the excitement of Open House in our student run photo booth and take home your photo.
- Flight Team Pancake Breakfast - Start your Open House experience off right with a pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. courtesy of K-State Salina's Flight Team. Also, stay out on the ramp and take a look at some of the university's aircraft as well as a Cessna business jet.
- Melts in Your Mouth, Not in Your Hand - Assist computer systems technology students in activating a robotic M&M dispenser designed and built as a class project.
- Flying the Garmin Glass Cockpit - Take to the skies with the aviation department in an airplane simulator using Garmin’s Glass Cockpit with Synthetic Vision; you will feel like you’re operating a Cessna 172.
- Robot Automation - Dance with a robot or watch it perform a variety of tasks depending on your commands.
- Bottle Rocket Build and Launch - Decorate your own two-liter bottle rocket and with the help of our physics students, pump it up and see how far it launches.
- Chemistry Demos - Watch in wonderment as K-State Salina’s chemistry students demonstrate some of their fascinating class projects.
- UAS Club - Check out the fleet of unmanned aircraft from our UAS program, one of the best in the nation.
- Vehicle Displays - Examine a solar boat, electric car and Baja car from K-State Salina’s Solar Boat/Car Club and the Baja SAE Club, with possible vehicle demonstrations.