Certified Inspector Training
K-State Salina provides Certified Inspector Training courses to KDOT technicians, contractors, and consultants. The courses offer in-depth knowledge of specifications, testing procedures, and inspection techniques.
KDOT's Certified Inspector Training program has three primary objectives. They are to:
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable personnel to sample and test materials and to inspect construction operations.
- Promote uniformity and consistency in test and inspection activities.
- Promote trust, open communication, and equality of qualifications.
NEW FOR 2014-2015:
- Math exam requirements will be waived for individuals who are licensed Professional Engineers or Intern Engineers, or have passed the Engineer in Training Exam or the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. Individuals must provide a copy of their Professional Engineer license, Intern Engineer Certificate or certificates that they passed the Engineer in Training or Fundamentals of Engineering Exams to the K-State Salina CIT Program Office in order to be granted the waiver. The document can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 785-826-2632.
- Classes offered but NOT required for certification are courses offered for information only, and are not required to perform any inspection on KDOT projects. Those courses are Introduction to Construction Staking, Project Management and Paint, Misc. and Asphalt Sampling.
The program fee includes all program materials, refreshment breaks, use of laboratory equipment during class, a parking permit if the class is on the K-State Salina campus, and a class book unless otherwise noted. All registrations are on a first come-first served basis.
Registration deadline is 5 business days prior to the class start date or the exam date. The registration fee must be paid prior to attending.
A list of class dates can be found on the Class Calendar. To begin the registration process click on the Register button below or the one found on the Class Calendar. You will need to create an account if you have not done so already.
The registrant and registrant contact, as listed on the registration form, will receive the confirmation e-mail and invoice upon completion of the online registration process.
If you have questions call the CIT Program Office at 785-826-2633 or toll free 1-855-552-0079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will receive results of written examination two to four weeks after testing. The KDOT CIT Program Administrator will send KDOT certification letters, cards and certificates to qualified participants. KDOT will also enter certification information for KDOT via CMS.
Registration will open for all classes except the Environmental classes for the 2014-2015 season on September 10th.
Registration for the Environmental classes will open on September 1st.
Kansas State University is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or other non-merit reasons, in admissions, educational programs or activities and employment, including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era, as required by applicable laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, has been delegated to the Director of Institutional Equity, Kansas State University, 103 Edwards Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0124, (Phone) 785-532-6220; (TTY) 785-532-4807. Special Assistance
A conference or noncredit program participant who needs accommodations due to a disability or special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have further questions, please contact the CIT Program office at 855-552-0079 or TTY: 785-532-4807. Early notification is requested to ensure that accommodations can be provided in a timely manner.