Great Plains Scholars Program
Great Plains Manufacturing Scholars Program
This competitive program is designed for individuals who want to earn a bachelor’s degree and gain real-world skills by working alongside industry professionals at Great Plains Manufacturing in a one-of-a-kind opportunity for K-State Salina students.
The Great Plains Scholars Program is for students who want to earn a bachelor's degree in one of K-State Salina’s engineering technology programs and acquire first-hand knowledge of specialized industry technology by working part-time at Great Plains Manufacturing. This provides high-level learning opportunities in advanced manufacturing, basic manufacturing, advanced robotics programming and engineering design.
How does the program work?
The Great Plains Scholars Programs enhances student’s education with real-world, industry-specific training and gets them to a full-time career faster. With this scholarship many students will earn their degree with little or no student debt.
- Receive an annual scholarship covering 85% or more of the in-state tuition rate.
- Earn a degree in 3 years (courses are year-round)
- Work part-time (20 hours per week) with pay at Great Plains Mfg. in Salina, Kansas.
- On-the-job training can count towards lab course credits.
- First-hand exposure to specialized industry technology including line assembly, robotic weld autonomation centers and finish in a design, supervisory or troubleshooting role.
- By the program's end, students will have earned over 2,400 hours of relevant, professional experience.
The scholarship and work opportunity is renewable as long as a student has successful progression through the Great Plains Mfg. Scholars Program.
How does this partnership support the University and Campus Mission?
This program is one of the ways Kansas State University is defining how the next generation of land-grant universities can be accessible. Additionally, one of K-State Salina's 2030 initiatives is to reduce student debt by 50 percent, while not diluting the quality of their education, with this scholarship many students will earn their degree with little or no student debt. This opportunity enhances student's education with real-world, industry-specific training and gets them to a full-time career faster. Corporate partnerships like this one help reduce the cost of education for students, supports the next generation of the workforce and strengths economic development in Kansas.
If you are a junior or senior going into the Fall 2022 semester and are interested, please contact: Troy Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Great Plains Manufacturing Scholars Program here.