Fly K-State Academy
Fly K-State Academy
Do you dream of flying? Are you an aspiring pilot? The Kansas State Salina Flight Team is your host as you start your pilot training at Fly K-State Academy. Complete four missions designed to push your aviation skills to the limit! Learn how to take off and land, perform flight maneuvers, and take a cross-country flight using the tools of a professional pilot.
Program highlights include:
- 3 hours of flight time
- Experience in flight simulator
- Ground school basics
- Four missions
What to Expect
Participants will take part in an immersive four days on the K-State Salina campus as they participate in flight instruction and planning and complete 3 hours of flight time. Participants will learn the skills and knowledge to complete a flight plan and then put their expertise to the test in a culminating cross-country flight to Wichita with lunch at the renowned Stearman Field restaurant.
Fly K-State Academy will cover all aspects of flight planning and piloting a plane broken into four missions:
- Mission #1 - pre-flight inspection, take-off and landing, traffic patterns (30 minutes of flight time)
- Mission #2 - flight maneuvers (30 minutes of flight time)
- Mission #3 - instrument flight (completed in flight simulators)
- Mission #4 - cross-country flight (1.5 hours flight time)
Jump start your aviation career and fly K-State!
Registration is limited to 12 participants.
Registration is full.
Dates: June 12-15, 2023
Times: Check-in is at 9:30 a.m. on June 12. Start and end times vary per day.
Grade: Students entering 9-12th grade
- All program supplies and instruction
- 3 hours of flight time and 1 hour of simulator time
- All meals, snacks and lodging in K-State Salina residence halls
- Transportation from activities
- Logbook, E6B computer, plotter and Wichita sectional chart
- K-State polo
- Evening activity programming
- Completed registration form, accessed through the register button
- Payment of registration fee
Summer Program Cancellation Policy
In the event the minimum number of registrations are not met, three (3) weeks from the start date of the program, the program will be cancelled and all payments will be refunded immediately.
Full refunds will be issued to those canceling registration up to eight (8) weeks from the start date of the summer program. Fifty (50) percent refunds will be issued to those canceling registration between eight (8) weeks and five (5) weeks from the start date of the summer program. No refunds issued after five (5) weeks from the start date of the summer program.