Fly K-State Academy
Fly K-State Academy
Do you dream of flying? Are you an aspiring pilot? The Kansas State Polytechnic Flight Team is your host as you start your pilot training at Fly K-State Academy. Complete four missions designed to push your aviation skills to the limit! Learn how to take off and land, perform flight maneuvers, and take a cross-country flight using the tools of a professional pilot.
Program highlights include:
- 3.5 hours of flight time
- Experience in flight simulator
- Ground school basics
- Four missions
What to Expect
Participants will take part in an immersive four days on the K-State Polytechnic Campus as they participate in flight instruction and planning and complete 3.5 hours of flight time. Participants will learn the skills and knowledge to complete a flight plan and then put their expertise to the test in a culminating cross-country flight to Wichita with lunch at the renowned Stearman Field restaurant.
Fly K-State Academy will cover all aspects of flight planning and piloting a plane broken into four missions:
- Mission #1 - pre-flight inspection, take-off and landing, traffic patterns (1 hour of flight time)
- Mission #2 - flight maneuvers (1 hour flight time)
- Mission #3 - instrument flight (completed in flight simulators)
- Mission #4 - cross-country flight (1.5 hours flight time)
Jump start your aviation career and fly K-State!
2021 Fly K-State Academy is now full.
Registration is limited to 12 participants.
Dates: June 14-17, 2021
Times: Check-in is at 9:30 a.m. on June 14. Start and end times vary per day. See program schedule for exact program times.
Grade: Students entering 9-12th grade
- All program supplies and instruction
- 3.5 hours of flight time and 1 hour of simulator time
- All meals and snacks
- Logbook, E6B computer, plotter and Wichita sectional chart
- K-State polo
Registration is now full.
- Completed registration form, accessed through the register button
- Payment of registration fee