New Student Onboarding
New Student Onboarding
Welcome to K-State Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus! We're so glad you've chosen to become a Salina Wildcat.
We know you likely have many questions about preparing for college. The first step on your journey is to complete New Student Onboarding to ensure you have all the important information you need when you step on campus. This will help answer questions about our technology, systems and processes you'll be using as a student.
New Student Onboarding is required for all new incoming freshmen and transfer students to learn about resources dedicated to student success and opportunities.
- All students will be enrolled in an online onboarding module through Canvas, our online course management system. Flight students will have an additional online onboarding module specific to the professional pilot and unmanned aircraft systems - flight and operations degree options.
- All students will also be required to attend uBelong, the on-campus, in-person onboarding event.
- Once you are enrolled, you will receive an email titled "Course Invitation" to your k-state.edu email address that you created. This will allow you access into the online onboarding through Canvas, our online course management system.
- Complete all modules in the course.
On-Campus Onboarding - uBelong
- This no-cost event is a time for you to meet K-State Aerospace and Technology faculty, learn about support services available to you and engage in activities to build your support community on campus.
- Friday, Aug. 20 | Event Schedule
8:30-9:10 a.m. | Check-in & breakfast | Student Life Center
9:10-9:50 a.m. | Welcome | Student Life Center
10-10:15 a.m. | New student drone class photo
10 a.m.-12 p.m. | All guest resource/browsing fair | Technology Center
10:15 a.m. | New student rotation showcase | Technology Center/Student Success Center
11 a.m.-1:15 p.m.| Lunch served | College Center Centennial Dining
2-3 p.m. | Making the most of your college experience | Student Life Center
3 p.m. | Family Farewell | Photos | Ballou Plaza /Circle Drive
3:30-4:30 p.m. | International & Veteran Students Meeting
-uBelong program concluded-
6 p.m. | Dinner (all students welcome) | College Center Centennial Dining
7:30 p.m.| WaBash & Laser Tag | Ballou Plaza /Circle Drive
Residence Hall and Travel Information
- Residence hall move-in is Thursday, Aug. 19
- Look for information from Housing and Dining Services for your scheduled move-in and onboarding time.
- Curious about what to bring?
- Meet your residence life team!
- Traveling to campus