Certified Inspector Training
Certified Inspector Training
Registration for the 2022-2023 CIT Season is open.
2022-2023 CIT SEASON INFORMATION
Dates and registration information are available on the Registration and Schedule page. Details about the upcoming season are as follows:
- The proctor policy remains in place for all written exams that will be administered online and completed by the registrant at their location. While taking the exam, the registrant must have a proctor present (someone monitoring the exam that is not the test taker). Proctors must be registered and approved by the CIT program before exam day. Please review the Proctoring Policy (located under Course and Exam Days - Online) and subsequent consequences for violating the policy.
- If you plan to be a proctor for your location, registration to become a proctor is necessary again for the 2022-2023 season. Individuals needing to register as a proctor may do so online.
- Most courses will be offered online, on demand. Access to online courses is available upon registration.
- New this season is the option to take most lecture style courses as an online course with the exam included. Access to the online course and exam is available upon registration. The exam can be taken as the student's schedule permits, but can only be taken and submitted one time. Registration will be necessary for retakes.
- New this season is the option to take recertification exams that require IA witnessing online and on demand. Access to the exam is available upon registration. The exam can be taken as the student's schedule permits but can only be taken and submitted one time. Registration will be necessary for retakes.
- New this season the Basic Inspection course will be on its own and will need to be taken first before taking Structures, Asphalt Paving and Concrete Paving. We will not be holding certifications anymore.
- Courses with a performance component will have in-person course options.
- Certifications requiring a performance exam will have exams administered in-person in Salina, KS. Students completing an in-person course will be given their written and performance exam at the end of the course. Students completing an online course will come to Salina to complete their written and performance exam on a specific date, pre-registration is required.
- Book material will only be provided digitally through the online course or in the confirmation email. Students may download and print the book if desired.
- Please review the Program Information page for full details on all policies.
- If you have questions email the program office at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Kansas State University provides Certified Inspector Training courses to KDOT technicians, contractors, and consultants. The courses offer in-depth knowledge of specifications, testing procedures, and inspection techniques.
KDOT's Certified Inspector Training program has three primary objectives. They are to:
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable personnel to sample and test materials and to inspect construction operations.
- Promote uniformity and consistency in test and inspection activities.
- Promote trust, open communication, and equality of qualifications.